Sunday, September 8, 2013

A good friend

A good friend of mine was diagnosed with Cancer a year ago. She fought hard but decided that she wasn't going to do chemo anymore after months and months of it. She passed away this last week and our hearts are heavy. It is a comfort to know that she is no longer in pain and probably up in heaven enjoying a big bowl of ice cream. I often think about the time I spent in New Jersey and her family was a big part of our lives. I remember watching her boys and staying  for hours after to talk to her. One year I spent the day before Christmas at her house and she helped me make a jean quilt for my parents. Neither of us really knew what we were doing and we actually ended up duct taping the inside of the bottom together, but we finished! She was always so happy and positive. I don't think I ever met anyone so full of life. She will be missed and loved and always in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment