Sunday, September 8, 2013

Dinner with old friends

Paul and I had dinner with friends from high school and it was so much fun! We had teriyaki steaks, fresh fruit, corn on the cob, salad, and homemade ice cream... I'll get to that later. We enjoyed the food and company. When we made the ice cream it had been the first time I have actually made it with out my mom. In the instructions it says to mix a box of jello with a cup of boiling water and then to let it cool before you mix it with the cream. ...well, if you let it cool too much it becomes a solid so I basically had jello jigglers. I thought it looked funny, so I smoothed up the jello and mixed it in with the cream so the finished product was ice cream with chunks of jello. It was still yummy, but not exactly how it was supposed to turn out. Now... To the picture below. We were supposed to have baked potatoes so I put them in the oven at 5 pm. We had dinner, cleaned up, had FHE, made ice cream, said goodbye to our guests, went to bed, AND THEN around 11pm I realized I never took the potatoes out of the oven!!! Paul and I ran downstairs and there wasn't a fire and there wasn't smoke, but there were black little blocks on the tray in the oven that used to be potatoes. 

If you don't know, Paul and I have a history of burning things. Last year I was getting ready to go to work I smelled smoke and Paul said, "oh no! The toast!"  We ran into the kitchen and it was smoke from top to bottom (this is when we learned that our smoke alarm didn't work) once we cleared the smoke we saw the toaster... On fire! We unplugged it, soaked the toast and I ran off to work. I was in the back and Dr. Doug said "what's burning?" ...And I said, "it's me!" I couldn't believe that I was still smelling like smoke! And don't worry, our house smelled like smoke for A WEEK! But we survived! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment